Re: rsync.exe without socket pairs

On Apr 1 11:05, Eliot Moss wrote:
http://www.cs.umass.edu/~moss/rsync.exe

This solves the spin/hang issue that I was seeing with certain
large files transferring via ssh from my Windows 7 64-bit
laptop.
[...]
Of course we all hope the underlying bug will be found and
fixed eventually, but this workaround has helped me and some
others for the time being ...

Of course, if nobody having this problem dives into the code and performs some actual debugging(*), it's unlikely the bug will ever be found...

I understand -- but it's a kind of rare thing, not easy to develop a test case. It does seem to have to do with some call indicating there are no bytes available to be read when in fact there are, at least from my reading of the various threads on the topic. Maybe I'll have time to work on it eventually, but not for a while ...

Regards -- EM