Re: scp no longer reports incremental progress

On Apr  1 18:17, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 01.04.2010 16:43, schrieb Christopher Faylor:
> > On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 02:00:42PM +0300, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >>Euh, 20100331 seems to introduce regressions for me compared to 20100328.
> >>scp now seems broken for me,
> >>
> >>$ scp -vvvvv somefile user@example.org:/tmp/
> >>Executing: program /usr/bin/ssh host example.org, user user, command scp
> >>-v -t -- /tmp/
> >>
> >>and often just hangs there, while PuTTY's pscp and interactive ssh to the
> >>same host + login works just fine, and also if I'm using the 20100328
> >>snapshot.
> >>
> >>With gdb attached, it succeeds once in a while.
> >
> > How big is "somefile" and where is "example.org"?  Is it a local
> > machine?  In another country/state/continent?  What kind of system is
> > it?
>
> As written to Corinna, 32-bit i686 openSUSE 11.2 Linux fully patched with
> preinstalled openSSH 5.2.
>
> Few MB, or 1.X MB. example.org is behind an ADSL line which is ~12 Mbit/s in the
> direction where I'm trying to copy and ~0.6 Mbit/s in the opposite direction.
> Note that with 20100328 I sort of "immediately" get the SSH debug trace, whereas
> there is no output at all with 20100331. (on Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
> German which itself sits on a 100 Mbit/s firehose). 12 hops, 48 ms (the first 10
> hops take 7 ms, 11 hops 14 ms, then the typical DSL interleaving on the last hop).

Just tried a slow line as well, multiple times.  It still works fine for
me with DSL upload speed of 0.6 Mbit/s, remote is cygwin.com which is
running some Linux as well.  10 hops.

Are you sure you didn't suffer from some other problem, like multiple
Cygwin versions or something?

Corinna

Red Hat