Re: Emacs info files

On 3/31/2010 4:54 AM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
On 2010.03.31 10:21, Gary . wrote:
I have a new cygwin installation on which I have also installed
emacs. I have an older installation in which I also have emacs
installed. On the newer install I don't appear to have any info
pages for emacs, but do on the older one (I think, I can't
actually check right now). Why would I not have them, and how can
I get them? One difference is that the new installation has
emacs-nox whereas the older one has emacs-X11 (although I
actually only ever use it from the console, I don't use X).

Oh. C-h i in emacs shows the info page *confuzzed*

Tip from my NOTE file for native Emacs under Windows:

** Setup INFOPATH.

To browse info file inside Emacs set INFOPATH like this:

INFOPATH=e:/bin/gnutls/share/info;e:/bin/gnuwin32/info;e:/bin/gnuwin32/share/info;e:/bin/MinGW/info;e:/bin/MinGW/share/info;e:/bin/wget/info:

for MinGW or

INFOPATH='~/usr/share/info;d:/opt/cygwin/usr/share/info:'

for Cygwin.

The OP has just reported that his problem has disappeared. But to correct the record for the sake of the archives, your INFOPATH is not appropriate for Cygwin's emacs. The emacs info files are in /usr/share/info.

Ken
Ken