Re: how was debate on _GNU_SOURCE resolved? can't find pthread_getattr_np

On 3/28/10, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2010-03-27 10:23, mike marchywka wrote:
>> I'm now getting this error and don't seem to be able to find
>> the getattr_np thing by grepping through includes,
>>
>> ../JavaScriptCore/runtime/Collector.cpp:683: error: `pthread_getattr_np'
>> was not
>>   declared in this scope
>> ../JavaScriptCore/runtime/Collector.cpp:685: error:
>> `pthread_attr_getstack' was
>> not declared in this scope
>> make[1]: *** [obj/release/Collector.o] Error 1
>
> I'm still not sure why you're trying to build Qt4 yourself when the
> distro already includes it (with the patches necessary for it to compile.

At this point  curiosity. They seem to have a build called cygwin-g++
and I thought it might be easy to patch. I needed to dig thought the
code at some point anyway, so this could be interesting. Also trying to
see what comes up between 1.5 and 1.7. etc.

Its starting to look like I will have to do that however. Simple
things like the time zone support seemed to be well guarded
with ifdef, not sure what to do about this yet...