Re: how was debate on _GNU_SOURCE resolved? can't find pthread_getattr_np

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:23:15AM -0400, mike marchywka wrote:
>I'm now getting this error and don't seem to be able to find
>the getattr_np thing by grepping through includes,
>
>../JavaScriptCore/runtime/Collector.cpp:683: error: `pthread_getattr_np' was not
> declared in this scope
>../JavaScriptCore/runtime/Collector.cpp:685: error: `pthread_attr_getstack' was
>not declared in this scope
>make[1]: *** [obj/release/Collector.o] Error 1
>
>with _GNU_SOURCE defined, ( presuming someone is including
>pthread.h LOL) ,

I must be missing the joke.

>and, ok, unless flags are wrong shold beincluding pthread,
>
>#if PLATFORM(SOLARIS)
>#include <thread.h>
>#else
>#include <pthread.h>
>#endif
>
>#if HAVE(PTHREAD_NP_H)
>#include <pthread_np.h>
>#endif
>

>Apparently there was some debate about this circa 2006 with cgf,
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00583.html
>

>Grepping through the pthread header however I don't see any indication
>the things the compiler is complaining about exist. It seems however
>the _GNU_SOURCE flag comes up in many headers in the include dir.

You're conflating things here.  This has nothing to do with _GNU_SOURCE.
Defining _GNU_SOURCE isn't going to cause nonexistent functions to show
up.  The fact that you can't find the functions in a header file should
be a clue.  The functions simply don't exist on Cygwin.

cgf