File permissions on samba network share

Dear fellow Cygwinners,

I use Cygwin to work on a samba network drive and am unable to execute bash
scripts from there because "bash: ./amssetup: Permission denied". I think this
is due to the missing owner/group info:

$ ls -l amssetup
-rwxrw---- 1 ???????? ???????? 1014 2009-12-15 14:16 amssetup

If I mount this network drive using the "noacl" option, it looks like this:

$ ls -l amssetup
-rw-r--r-- 1 chris None 1014 2009-12-15 14:16 amssetup

This lets the script execute, but I am a little bit worried about the other
permissions, "-rw-r--r--" instead of "-rwxrw----".

Why are the permissions different?
Is there a way of preserving the original permissions and still fake the
user/group info as with "noacl"?
Or is it safe to use the "noacl" mount?

Maybe there is another, cleaner way of accessing the samba share I have
missed... I am still new to the Unix/Linux/Cygwin world =)

Cheers
Chris