Re: /cygdrive permissions problem [failing duplicity backup]

On Mar 24 09:32, Jan-Aage Frydenb?-Bruvoll wrote:
> On 24/03/2010 09:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >The new 1.7.2 DLL should fix your original problem, but as far as the
> >weird output of getfacl is concerned, you would have to debug this.
> >With a debugger and all that.  I don't know any other way to find out
> >why that happens.
>
> Ok - on the outskirts of my comfort zone, but it should be doable.
> Could you possibly point me in the right direction for the best
> instructions for getting everything I need set up? I am sort of
> familiar with using strace, but for instance gdb is new to me.

That's bad.  It's very tiresome for both sides to step through GDB
instructions.

Start with testing 1.7.2.

If ls shows the right result

  $ ls -ld /cygdrive
  dr-xr-xr-x 8 you your_group 0 2006-12-01 01:00 /cygdrive

but getfacl still doesn't show the right permissions

  $ getfacl /cygdrive
  # file: /cygdrive
  # owner: you
  # group: your_group
  user::r-x
  group::r-x
  other:r-x
  mask:rwx

then the problem is to find out why the fhandler_disk_file::facl()
method doesn't call fhandler_cygdrive::fstat().

However, first check that your problem is really fixed with 1.7.2.
If so, the above problem has less importance.

Corinna

Red Hat