Re: cygwin builds and unicode support

On 2010-03-21 13:06, mike marchywka wrote:
I'm trying to build QT webkit on cygwin and running into
all kinds of confusions over char and wide char- it compiled right
away on debian. I'm not entirely sure this is an issue with cygwin as much
as this project and something stupid I'm missing
but I'll see what kind of response I get here as maybe someone else
has built this on cygwin :)

Qt4 is already in the distro:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2009-12/msg00003.html

A number of patches are necessary, and these are included in the source package or from Ports SVN:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/kde/qt4/

First, there were some issues with windoze calls that can either
end in "A" or "W" for ascii and wide char params. These were
easy to fix.

Looks like you're trying to build a Win32 version of Qt4; the Cygwin Qt4 package is *NIX/X11 based.

That looked like it was fine until I ran into this, a bunch of
ambig overloads based on confusion with uint and ushort

Are you trying to build for cygwin 1.5? There were a number of issues with the integer types that are now fixed in 1.7.

Yaakov