Re: 1.7.1: cvs version built in is unstable

On Mar 17 12:55, Roe, Kevin L. wrote:
> Here is what the CVS folks said in response to my e-mail to them.  My original message is after their response.

Just as in Linux:

ENOENT  O_CREAT is not set and the named file does not exist. Or, a
	directory component in pathname does not exist or is a dangling
	symbolic link.

> Here is the trace for a checkout.  I've removed most of the file and left just two similarly named files.  One failed and one succeeded.
>
> S-> RCS_checkout (/usr/gapps/AEAG/cvs_modules/Utilities/p_change.pl,v,
> S-> 1.8, , , (function))
> cvs checkout: cannot write Utilities/p_change.pl: No such file or directory
> S-> server_register(p_change.pl, 1.8, , , , , ) Register(p_change.pl,

Do you have casesensitivity enabled and does the local directory
"Utilities" have another case (like "utilities") by any chance?

Btw., you missed to send your cygcheck output per the request on
http://cygwin.com/problems.html  It would give a hint by printing the
value of the obcaseinsensitive registry key.  See
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#pathnames-casesensitive

Corinna

Red Hat