"cp: skipping file 'file.txt', as it was replaced while being copied"

I am getting the (apparently) classic error:? "cp: skipping file 'file.txt', as it was replaced while being copied"

It only occurs on a ?network drive (netapp, nfs), but not on another network drive (mac server, samba shares)

I have search extensively and have found several references to this issue over the past several years, but none of them contain solutions that make sense to me.

Has this problem been resolved?? Can I just install the latest production version of cygwin to fix it?

This issue popped up for me when I got a 64-bit machine.? My OS ?is Windows XP-64bit.

Thanks in advance.

-Kevin