Re: Problems with qt4, requiring local repair

Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@...com> writes:
> On 01/03/2010 21:47, Paul Bibbings wrote:
>> On the current problem, having tidied up the libraries, I can get a
>> basic Qt4 app to build, but I'm not getting any joy running it.  It
>> merely hangs at a point that I am still trying to trace through
>> debugging with gdb;  and this is building using the Cygwin distro
>> gcc-4.3.4.
>
>   Keep us posted; if you think there's a real bug in the compiler or related
> runtime support, I'm always interested.
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

As it turned out this was not a problem with either the Qt installations
nor with gcc-4.  It was merely a minor problem with the configuration of
my Xserver (WinX).  I didn't notice this at first because the test apps
that I had built with Qt4 were not outputting any errors where the same
apps built with Qt3 immediately showed a "can't connect to the server"
flavour error.  I have managed to sort this, so no further problems to
report in this regard, thankfully.

On the question of how my gcc-4.4.3 installation is configured - having
not disabled sjlj execeptions - I had omitted this believing that the
latest versions of gcc could discover from the environment whether dw2
exceptions were available and would only use sjlj where this was found
not to be the case.  I'm now not sure what the detailed implications of
this are for linking against cygwin distro libs, but I can say that I
haven't actually encountered any problems yet.  I will, however,
reconfigure and rebuild, all the same.

Thank you for your input and help.

Regards

Paul Bibbings