Re: cygwin 1.7.1: "bash prompt here" can't be used at directory which's name contains unicode charactor.

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 06:44:45PM +0000, Dave wrote:
>> Also, is the d:\ within quotes later in the command erronously
>> triggering the nodosfile warning?  I'm not expecting to see it here.
>
> I guess this is a FAQ.  The error message comes from an attempt to do a
> file access using an MS-DOS path.  It does not come from random use of
> backslashes in the command line.
>
> If you see the error then something is trying to use MS-DOS paths.

That's what I thought, but the command that's being run doesn't have an
MSDOS path except as an argument to the script that bash couldn't find:

C:\Users\andy>C:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "/bin/xhere /bin/bash.exe 'd:\æçåä'"

              ^ That's ok, cmd sees that one.

                                     ^ bash should try to find xhere

But we first get the warning:

---
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: /bin/xhere /bin/bash.exe 'd:\éææåãç'
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /bin/xhere /bin/bash.exe 'd:/éææåãç'
----

Note that it complains about xhere, bash and d:\xxx in one string. And
finally we get a can't find 'xhere bash d:\xxx':

---
/usr/bin/bash: /bin/xhere /bin/bash.exe 'd:\æçåä': No such file or
directory
---

Dave.