Re: Directory named "." created at /: seems to have happened during update

On Mar  1 12:32, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  1 11:08, Fergus wrote:
> > My Cygwin [1.7] is located at the root of a mobile hard drive and a
> > simple DOS dir command now shows a directory named . as in
> > [...]
>
> Oh boy.  I didn't even know that NT allows that.
>
> That's two bugs in one.  The lilypond package has paths with leading
> "./" in it, and setup.exe does not recognize that and remove the dot
> path.
>
> For now I have removed the latest lilypond package from the distro.
> Jan, can you please fix your package not to have leading ./ in the path?
>
> As for setup.exe, I have to have a look how to avoid that.

The problem is, I can't reproduce it.  I created two test packages,
one with a file "./file" in it, the other with a file "tmp/./file".
In both cases, setup.exe failed to create the file and showed a
message "unable to extract ...".

This was on Windows 7.  What Windows are you using?  Maybe an older
version allows it.  Unless I can create the "." directory myself,
I can't fix it.

Corinna

Red Hat