setup.exe for Cygwin 1.5 doesn't recognise mirror's .ini file

Hello,

I have an existing Cygwin-1.5 environment that I use to support my
development team. I am setting up a virtual machine with Cygwin 1.5 so
that I can test the upgrade to Cygwin 1.7.

The installation process for my Cygwin 1.5 environment involves
installing from a previously downloaded and archived "local directory"
for the most part, but there's one final step where a few final
packages (like apache2) are downloaded from an Internet mirror.
However, the setup.exe that I currently have for 1.5 now fails to
parse the current .ini file it downloads from any mirror - it suggests
using a newer version of setup.exe. But I cannot find a version of
setup.exe for Cygwin 1.5, only for the newer Cygwin 1.7, and this one
will force me to upgrade I believe (unless there's a commandline
switch I don't know about).

This makes me wonder if the official mirrors don't carry Cygwin 1.5
packages any more. Is this the case? If they do, how can I get hold of
a correct version of setup.exe that understands the latest version of
the downloaded ini file but won't upgrade me to Cygwin 1.7?

Or am I stuck with a mandatory upgrade to Cygwin 1.7? If that is the
case, I can't see how I can test the upgrade process, and there's no
way I can roll out Cygwin 1.7 onto our production servers without
running it through a test upgrade first. If I can't install Cygwin 1.5
any more, I can't test this upgrade process. So there must be a way to
do this and I'm missing something obvious.

I understand that my 1.5 installation archive should have contained
*all* the packages we need, and downloading the latest version of
apache2 etc is the cause of my problem. However, hindsight is a
wonderful thing... :)

All help thankfully appreciated,

-- David.