Re: cron & Windows 7

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen"
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 8:41

| No, that's not related.  But we had a few reports on the list already
| concerning sshd and it seemed to be a problem with using a non-Domain
| cyg_server user running sshd, which lead to a crippled token:
| http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-01/msg00334.html
| This is not related to W7, but should be a problem starting with
| Windows Server 2003.
|
| Pierre, you know a lot about this authentication stuff in Cygwin, you
| applied a couple of patches yourself, and you have a copyright
| assignment in place.  If you think there's another problem lurking,
| please help with debugging and patches.

In this case there are no Domain issues. On this topic, I like your
suggestion to add BUILTIN\Users when the DC does not answer.
Alternatively mkgroup could add all the domain users to the Users group
(that way it could be customized to each site, if needed). Variations: add
such a switch to mkgroup or create a script to add the info.

Just to be clear I attempted to reproduce on Vista, but there it worked fine.
I don't have access to more advanced systems.

So the only bug I can fix is to add the missing space in get_registry_hive_path :(

I can also look into pruning out unneeded (and expensive on Win 7) calls
to fhandler_console::need_invisible
I have been trying to find a description of why it's needed (flashing windows?).
Are there some well defined tests?

Pierre