Re: [1.7.1] ssh key auth (pubkey) problem

On 02/10/2010 09:08 PM, Julius Davies wrote:

I've read the mailing lists and I know you guys don't think this is a bug, but I wish you'd reconsider.

If you're going to reference something in your posting, it makes sense to actually provide a pointer to the threads you're referring to.

This was the most useful thread (closest to my problem), especially Corinna Vinschen's answers:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg104485.html

Agreed but I think you've reach the wrong conclusion, though as you've noticed adding Administrators to your groups list does help with what you're doing. But I expect that's the sledgehammer approach.

As for your issue, are you running cyglsa?

No. Is it stable?

Yes. And I think it will solve your problems. See the security section of the Users Guide. It will explain the different modes that permit switching user contexts. Using the 'cyglsa' option is really the minimum that makes sense if you want to use public key authentication.

Holliston, MA 01746