Re: Wrong setup.exe on http://www.cygwin.com/

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:59:32AM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
>On 2/9/2010 11:05 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Btw, I did check the difference in http headers in the before/after
>> scenario and now see a new "Expires" field but I have no way of actually
>> checking this to see if it really does solve a problem.
>
>The Net panel in the Firebug extension for Firefox can do this.  And
>indeed, it looks like you haven't fully defeated caching yet.

I used both lynx and firefox's "Live HTTP Headers" plugin.  Both reported
something like this:

  Cache-Control: max-age=0
  Expires: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:48:16 GMT

I think that's good enough.  Putting more work into this is not something
that I'm signing up for.

>Incidentally, while poking around with this, I ran into a spate of
>validation errors on the home page.  One particularly ugly one is a
>second <body> tag on line 261 of the home page.

Yes, others have mentioned this before.  Please don't take my
appreciation for solutions to this particular problem as an indication
that I also want to hear about website cleanups.  I really don't.

I debated whether I should make the above point because it sounds WJM
but decided that I'd better say something or this thread would morph
into people talking about their favorite web site validation tools.

cgf