Re: One Problem solved other found -> dlclose not calling destructors

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 05:28:51PM +0100, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:

>Hi,

>Dipl. Phys.
>Norbert Zacharias
>Wind Measurements & Power Curve Measurements
>DEWI GmbH
>Ebertstrasse 96
>26382 Wilhelmshaven
>Germany
>

>Tel.:   +49 4421 4808 876
>
>Fax:    +49 4421 4808 843
>

>Email:  N.Zacharias@dewi.de
>Home:   http://http://www.dewi.de
>
>DEWI GmbH - Deutsches Windenergie-Institut, Wilhelmshaven
>Commercial Register No.: Amtsgericht Oldenburg, HRB 130241
>Managing Director: Jens Peter Molly
>Chairman of the supervisory board: Ministerialrat Dr. Niels K?mpny
>
>P Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. Februar 2010 16:30
>> An: cygwin@cygwin.com
>> Betreff: [bulk] - Re: One Problem solved other found -> dlclose not calling
>> destructors

There is way WAY too much unneeded cruft in your responses.  You don't
need any of the above.  This makes it very hard to read your messages.

>>On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 03:10:04PM +0100, DEWI - N.  Zacharias wrote:
>>>after Corinna solved the executable flag issue on NWFS another strange
>>>thing happened.
>>>
>>>I use Eclipse Version: 3.4.2 Build id: M20090211-1700 with the EPIC
>>>Plugin to develop Perlscripts.
>>>
>>>After installing the new cygwin1.dll which handles the NWFS execute
>>>flag my debugger hangs at the stage 'launching delegate' .
>>>
>>>Then Corrinna sends me a cygwin1.dll where the patch
>>>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2010-q1/msg00065.html was not applied.
>>>
>>>With this dll the debugger works.  So it seems that the patch has side
>>>effects.
>>
>>Sorry but this really isn't very helpful.  "With this dll the debugger
>>works" doesn't provide enough details.
>
>For details please ask Corrinna, she provides the dll which works.
>
>>What destructors are not being called?
>
>Sorry I don't know!

Ok, so I guess your subject wasn't accurate.

>I Only see the effect and Corinna tell me that she build the
>Dll which works without the obove mentioned patch.
>
>> Do you have a test case?
>Get eclipse, install epic Perl Debug Plug-in  0.6.27 , write a simple perl script like
>
>#! /usr/bin/perl -w
>print("hello world\n");
>
>try to debug as Perl Local and you will see the debugger hanging around.
>
>Sorry but neither I have the knowledge to figure out which call of perl
>triggers the problem nor I have the  time to get it.

Sounds like we'll have to live with Eclipse not being able to debug perl
locals then because I'm not going to break a long-running tradition of
keeping all of my computers Eclipse-free.

cgf