Re: delete key and arrow keys do not work with cygwin 1.7.1 on Windows XP

On 01/04/2010 09:46 AM, WEIL Daniel wrote:
I just updated to cygwin1.7.1 this morning.
When I launched cygwin.bat even with after having removed .bash_profile,
the arrow pad doesn't work, neigher the delete key.

I have mksnt installed in my Path and have the following warning when I launch the cygwin shortcup on my desktop :

cygwin warning:
   MS-DOS style path detected: C:\PROGRA~1\mksnt\usr\lib\terminfo
   Preferred POSIX equivalent is:
/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/mksnt/usr/lib/terminfo
   CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
   Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
     http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

What's wrong ? I have removed cygwin completely, reinstalled and rebooted. I just installed the default packages.

Can anybody help me?

You're suffering from MKSitis. It sets a few key environment variables like TERMINFO, TERMCAP, and TERM, at least, all of which will be found and used by Cygwin, to much consternation. Since you're running from 'cygwin.bat', one option for dealing with this (without ditching MKS) is to unset these variables (and any others that you find that are causing problems) at the top of cygwin.bat.

This email and any attachments...

These unenforceable policy statements are not allowed on this list. Since it's your employer that's adding them, probably your best bet is to use a different email account with a provider that doesn't add them.

Holliston, MA 01746