Re: Can't use key authentication on x64 Server 2003 R2

On 12/31/2009 10:41 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

That means there is a process running besides rebaseall. rebaseall must be run from a dash shell with no other processes -- including services -- running.

I started bash from the start menu and ran "exec dash". "ps ax" showed no other cygwin processes, and sshd had been stopped. rebaseall complained before I'd done those things but not after.

I see now that "exec" doesn't do in cygwin what it does in Unix. "bash" was still running. I started "dash" from a cmd prompt, and after fiddling with PATH, TEMP and TMP environment variables, I was able to run rebaseall.

For the record, rebaseall doesn't correct the problem with sshd and key authentication. bash still dies:
1 [main] -bash 6832 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error -
couldn't dynamically determine load address for 'WSAGetLastError'