Re: Questions about gnu debug

Eliot Moss wrote:

> And this may add a little to your understanding:

Few of which pertains to cygwin...

Eliot Moss wrote:

> Hope these distinctions help

They are matters of taste, and of experience.
I have an other taste and an other experience.
Hard to compare, I know.

Eliot Moss wrote:

> emacs is an *editor* [...] but it would
> probably still feel somewhat primitive compared
> to advanced GUI interfaces.

Ahum.
Emacs is an environment which builds upon the generic concept of text
buffer.
This is a very powerful concept, because it allows for rich tool support,
and for in-depth and relatively light-weight user configuration. By
comparison, windows offer little support and a high threshold for users to
produce useful tools.
Humans painted on cave walls 30000 years ago. Then they invented language.
GUIs have so far proven a temporary re-play of history for people who didn't
record it.

Marc