Re: Questions about gnu debug

Marco Atzeri wrote:
--- Gio 24/12/09, Liming ha scritto:

Thanks. Csaba,

I still not so clear about gdb, I am usually use microsoft
Visual Studio

1. With g++ -g -o executable_name  a.o b.o ...
Can I set break point? or this one only display the place
the code has problem, then go to there to modify it?

http://www.unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbtoc.html

2. For ddd, Emacs, Eclipse
Are they IDC with debug inside and can set break point? I
just wondering if there has a software like Visual Studio
IDE, so I can debug it inside it.

ddd or insight will provide you with a GUI interface to gdb, that will be as close to what you're used to that you will be able to get. gdb, ddd, insight will provide breakpoints and the other things that you are used to .