setup version 1.7.1-1 failure

I tried to upgrade to the 1.7.1-1 version on Windows 7 Home 64bit. Toward the end of the process I had to click through several modal dialogs which say:

The procedure entry point stpcpy could not be located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll.

Although I'm not too familiar with the way Cygwin setup works, that box seemed to be raised on configuration of several packages.

Then, following setup completion, when I click on cygwin.bat, I get the same message, and the Cygwin window closes without offering a prompt.

I was previously using one of the 1.5 versions on the same system without a problem.

thanks
Collin Monahan