Re: BASH Shell - Configuration Problem?

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 15:49, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@spocom.com> wrote:
> On 2009-12-11, rgc3679 wrote:
>> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for all the details. ?That really helps. ?It looks to me as
> though your script file has CR-LF (DOS) line endings rather than LF
> (Unix) line endings. ?The current version of Cygwin's bash sees only
> the LF line endings and includes the CR as part of the script. ?You
> can use the d2u utility to fix this.

Also, if this is the cause, you can use the Cygwin-specific igncr
option in bash to ignore CR characters:

$ bash -O igncr ...

Note that this has to be set at the time an instance of bash is
started (-O igncr), and AFAIK cannot be set afterward (e.g. via
shopt).

I've set this in Cygwin.bat and used it successfully to allow users to
run bash scripts that are in DOS text-file format. This turns out to
be really important when using git with core.autocrlf=true...

-- David.