Re: Slow GCC under 64-bit?

t-timmy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using m68k-palmos-gcc that comes with PRC tools under Cygwin.
>
> I've noticed a very slow compilation with Windows 7 64-bit. This problem
> didn't exist under 32-bit Windows XP.
> In task manager I can see that cpp0.exe takes only 50% cpu, which might
> explain the sluggish performance.
>
> Anyone encountered this? How can I fix this?

  What you describe as "only" 50% cpu, I am guessing is actually the process
hogging 100% cpu on one core of a dual core machine?  i.e. your problem isn't
underutilisation, it's something running away.  Did you build PRC tools
yourself from source?  Have you asked if they've seen anything like this on
the PRC mailing list?

    cheers,
      DaveK