Re: [1.7] cvs over ssh hangs on completion

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Jeremy Hetzler
<jeremyhetzler@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Corinna Vinschen
> <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

>> > Dunno, yet. ?Is this a new problem? ?In other words, did this effect
>> > start to occur with 1.7.0-65, or do you already suffer calmly for a
>> > longer time?
>
> Previously the server was 1.5.25 on XP. That worked fine (and still
> works fine). When I moved to Win 7 and 1.7 the problem appeared.
>
> Running 1.5.25 under Windows 7 on the server solves the problem.
> Whatever the problem is, it only appears under 1.7.
>

>> I tried the same scenario, a cvs server running under Cygwin 1.7 and
>> a client running under Cygwin 1.5.25. ?I tried both socket types as
>> introduced with 1.7.0-65, and I can't reproduce the aforementioned
>> effect. ?http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA?
>>

> Disabling Windows Defender and Windows Firewall has no effect. I'm not
> running any of the other programs mentioned there.
>
> -- Jeremy

One more thing. When I make a connection to 1.5.25 sshd, an extra
console window appears on the server for the duration of the
connection. I'm running sshd from the command line so maybe it
wouldn't happen as a service. It doesn't happen under 1.7 in any
configuration.

Is there a way to uninstall the 1.7 sshd service? I'd like to
downgrade it to 1.5.25 as a workaround.

Thanks,
Jeremy