Re: Confusion re: use of rebaseall vs. rebase to relieve BitDefender woes REDUX

On 12/5/2009 3:41 PM, Ed Gaines wrote:
As before, I searched for open cygwin dlls before and after running rebase. I couldn't find any at all. I tried searching for these dlls
DURING the rebase, but unfortunately the rebase command completes
before the dll search completes. So even though the dll search never
found cygwin1.dll, I can't say for sure that cygwin1.dll was NEVER in
use during the process.

Rebase is a Cygwin application and needs cygwin1.dll. You can see that by using cygcheck:

$ cygcheck rebase
Found: C:\cygwin-1.7\bin\rebase.exe
C:\cygwin-1.7\bin\rebase.exe
  C:\cygwin-1.7\bin\cygwin1.dll