From: Kurt Harriger <kurtharriger@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Subject: handle invalid running native console app from cygwin shell
To: cygwin@cygwin.com

I'm trying to run a boo script from a cygwin bash shell.
http://boo.codehaus.org/
booish runs fine from cmd or powershell but from bash I get an error.
I thought maybe then I could do cmd /c booish but this doesn't work either.
Any idea how I can workaround the issue?

$ booish
Welcome to booish, an interactive interpreter for the boo programming language.
Running boo 0.9.2.3383 on CLR 2.0.50727.4927.

Enter boo code in the prompt below (or type /help).

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: The handle is invalid.

? at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
? at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
? at System.Console.set_CursorVisible(Boolean value)
? at Boo.Lang.Interpreter.InteractiveInterpreter2.ConsoleLoopEval()
? at Booish2Module.Main(String[] argv)