Re: Problem with bash script running under NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

On 12/04/2009 03:46 AM, Csaba Raduly wrote:
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Remember, SYSTEM is not you.

Unless Louis XIV was a Cygwin user, in which case he might have said

Le systÃme, c'est moi!

:-)

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Almo<> wrote:

Ok, it's that SYSTEM running through cygwin has no access to the disk.

So someone else wrote the script to run in DOS, and we've dropped the idea
of scripting scheduled tasks with cygwin. Unless I can figure out how to get
SYSTEM access to the disk through it. :)

Perhaps NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM should be given access rights to the appropriate directory (right click, Properties, Security). It's just an "account" like any other. I'm somewhat puzzled though. On my machine, SYSTEM has full access to C:. Is this a network drive ?

Certainly the OP or any individual is within their rights (assuming they are the
system admin) to add the access needed. Or a different user with these permissions
and any others needed could be created and the service could be run under this new
user instead. This, of course, isn't a "Cygwin thing" and won't be automated by Cygwin.
I'm pretty confident that you weren't suggesting it should be automated but I figured I'd
point this out for the sake of the archives.

Holliston, MA 01746