Re: 1.7 setup questions...

Linda Walsh wrote:
1) why does it re-ask me for my proxy and not remember my server choice
each time I enter setup.

2) why does it maximize each time I enter the package choice?  Ouch!  hard
on the eyes to have my entire screen filled with white!

3). How do I make the type larger?  6pt font is a bit small -- I know it's
not smaller than it used to be, but I'm having to spend more time going
through packages to reinstall things.  I could handle the small type for
short periods, but now it's getting to be a pain.

These three items are easily adressed with the command line options in setup, and by keeping track of the packages you have installed in a little text file.

I then make up batch scripts for different install levels so that
I can create a Cygwin environment on any machine very quickly.

In fact, I keep the "local download" on a USB stick so that I don't
even need an internet connection to install Cygwin....

Ralph