Re: Problem with XP Pro at work.

J. David Boyd wrote:

[snip]
> Then, my cygwin Xserver can't be started.  (I didn't realize that the
> cygwin installer wrote anything to my profile.  Hardware settings,
> maybe?).

It didn't, the X server creates a lock file on Cygwin's /tmp directory,
it prevents other users from starting it, and leaves the file after
stopping.  You changed users and now you can't start X, or anybody else
different than the old user.

The solution is to delete that file (I don't remember the exact name,
something like /tmp/.X0).
--
René Berber