Re: Want to use tor with wget.

Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Tor (http://www.torproject.org/) is a great free software.
>
> When I installed Tor on my winxp system, then I have a local socks
> proxy server: 127.0.0.1:9050
>
> Now, I want to use wget through this SOCKS proxy provided by Tor under
> cygwin.

  I tried this once myself but as far as I can see Wget (at least the version
shipping with Cygwin) doesn't speak SOCKS.

  It does OTOH speak http-proxy-talk, so if you're using http then you can
always point wget at your local privoxy socket rather than directly at the
SOCKS socket.

  What protocol are you after using wget to fetch?

    cheers,
      DaveK