Re: Many Cygwin (mintty) windows - How to close all?

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
Is there some sort of Cygwin command that -
1. Closes all Mintty windows
2. Unloads services - such as cron
3. Exits X server

in short, gets rid of all Cygwin processes so I can update & restart
without having to do all this myself.

I use the attached script (run it elevated on Vista and above) before
updating with setup. This is only tested on Vista.

Doing a 'kill -9 -1' works for me in terms of getting rid of all my mintty windows at once. I'm not sure if it will kill services and exit the X server as well.

Chris

Thanks for the suggestions.
Arun