Re: perl: included modules out-of-date

On 05/10/2009 12:44, Reini Urban wrote:
As extra packages? Naa.

Yeah, that's what I mean. perl-5.10.0-5 was released over a year ago. Surely it would be easier to keep these packages updated separately then rebuilding perl over and over again?

If anyone needs newer packages, cpan is your friend. That's why included
all the vendor modules. To be able to update by yourself via cpan.

That only helps if I'm building a module for myself via CPAN. If I want to create a redistributable package for a particular module, and especially if I wanted to ITP it, I can't rely on others using CPAN just to use or rebuild the package.

Yaakov