Re: cygwin settings in cygwin.bat

On 09/30/2009 01:37 PM, CygwinUser wrote:

Hi,

I would like to change the default settings for screen buffer size and
screen width. I would like to know which cygwin variable should be used and
the syntax to set in cygwin.bat. Could you please let me know
Thanks in advance.

If you're talking about the console you get with cmd.exe (what you get if you
double-click on 'cygwin.bat' to start it from explorer or your desktop for example),
then you are squarely in Windows-land, as this has nothing to do with Cygwin (and
as such is pretty-much off-topic for this list). But, assuming you are using cmd.exe,
you'll want to go to the icon in the top left corner. Bring up the context menu by
right mouse clicking on it, select "Properties" and pick the "Layout" tab. What you
want is there. If you want this change to be the new default for all future windows,
select "Defaults" instead of "Properties" above.

Holliston, MA 01746