Re: Subversion svn fails silently after updating Cygwin

On 9/25/2009 10:49 PM, Chris Cormie wrote:
I updated Cygwin today via setup.exe and Subversion ceased working:

$ svn status
$

ie no output whatsoever regardless of what command is given to svn including --help.
[snip]
I hadn't updated for several months so a dozen or so packages were updated. As far as I know setup.exe doesn't keep a log so I can't tell you which packages got updated. My current system state is attached.
[snip]
Is this a general issue that needs to be investigated or specific to my install?

This sounds like you're missing a dependency required by subversion, although I can't see what it is from your cygcheck output. I use subversion daily in both 1.5 and 1.7 and it works fine, so this is not a general problem.

I suggest sending the output of "cygcheck /bin/svn" to the list as an attachment.

You can also try running "strace /bin/svn". This will produce a lot of output which I would ignore for now. If svn is having a problem finding another DLL, strace should open a pop-up telling you what is missing.

Please post any findings back to the list so I can fix the svn package's dependencies if needed.

Brain damage is all in your head.
                -- Karl Lehenbauer