Re: Fw: Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>. Thanks.

On 09/23/2009 12:56 PM, Dave M wrote:
Larry,
I started with the just running the script and it didn't work. I have
only  been trying chmod and the other stuff in my previous post since then.
Will I get more help if I uninstall everything and try it again? I am
just  trying to get sftp to work.
I'll run
mkpasswd -d je28004@tjanus.cap>> /etc/passwd je28004@tjanus.cap
is the domain account I am signed on with. But the issue I am having is
logging into ssh with a local account (test),  not je28004.

You have the wrong syntax for the '-d' flag.
See <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkpasswd> or 'mkpasswd --help'.
But if you aren't trying to log in with a domain user, then it's not important that you
add the domain accounts at this time.

And I will change the owner of /var/empty to sshd_server which is the
local account that the sshd service uses. I have separated privileges turned
on and in the readme it looked like it wanted the Owner to be SYSTEM.
Thanks for your help, any guidance will be appreciated. I have tried all
the stuff I know how to do so I am boned unless someone can help me.
SFTP is the only way I can back up this device and the project I am
working on is at a complete standstill until I can get a backup solution in
place. Any time spent helping me is enormously appreciated.

Given where you started from, it may be more direct for you to remove your
Cygwin installation (see the FAQ for details) and reinstall. Configuring 'sshd'
would likely be quicker and easier in the new installation using 'ssh-host-config'
and 'ssh-user-config' than hunting down all the wrong settings and correcting
them, assuming that's your problem. But yes, it's really impractical for the
Cygwin list to support any and all sites out there with information about Cygwin
packages so if you're having a problem with configuration steps outlined from
someone else's site, your best bet for help related to that information is to
contact them about it.

Holliston, MA 01746