Setup problems -- consistently inconsistent

Almost every install of setup (with my prior use of 1.5, and now
with 1.7) runs into some kind of problem (some -- but not all --
of them no doubt my own confusion).

Note that I install all new packages and updates almost every
time they are available, with a frequency of about twice a week.

The first problems that occurs almost every are:

* Something from gcc being incomplete on cygcheck
* Tetex being incomplete

The last time I did an update, however, there were no
incompletes. If this is due to someone fixing something, I owe
them a debt of gratitude. However, some of the fix may be due to
my deletion of all files in /etc/postinstall that did not have
the '.sh.done' suffix. However, note that, the following files
showed up in etc/postinstall, again, after the "complete"
install, and they seem to have no purpose being there. Is this an
installation script glitch?
[/etc/postinstall]
$ l_f -v '\.done' # list all files (only!) that don't match the spec'd regex
gcc-mingw-ada-3.4.4-20050522-1.tgz
gcc-mingw-core-3.4.4-20050522-1.tgz
gcc-mingw-g++-3.4.4-20050522-1.tgz
gcc-mingw-g77-3.4.4-20050522-1.tgz
gcc-mingw-gdc-3.4.4-0.12.1.tgz
gcc-mingw-gpc-3.2.3-20040516.tgz
gcc-mingw-java-3.4.4-20050522-1.tgz
gcc-mingw-objc-3.4.4-20050522-1.tgz
Also, when I ran a cygcheck, I got the following error messages:
[lr@GW2] [/etc/postinstall]
$ cygcheck -hvscr |e_capa
/tmp/e_capa_1144-cn
/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'DcomLaunch': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'odserv': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'ose': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'pla': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'QWAVE': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'RpcSs': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
even though all packages were reported as complete in 'stdout'.

What are the above error messages about?
$ cygcheck -c |e_capa

<reports no incomplete packages>
Finally, since the latter stages of my use of 1.5 (before
beginning use of 1.7, and after) all libraries show up as being
skipped every time I do an update, even though I've
installed/updated them many times before. Why is this? More
specifically, why can't I get an automatic inclusion of these
updates?

Thanks,

Lee