Re: [1.7] recursive /cygdrive problem

Hi Larry,

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

<snip>

Genuine bug?

No, a feature. Having the existing drives show up under '/cygdrive' is a convenience
for things like bash and other shells so that they can do completion on the paths to
these drives. If you don't want what's under the '/cygdrive' directory, you can omit
it from your invocation of 'find'.

Respectfully, I think you've misunderstood my problem. I've just posted a followup which will show an out and out inconsistency (well, at least in my opinion):

Shaddy@x-vista ~
$ ls /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin/cygdrive

Shaddy@x-vista ~
$ cd /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin/

Shaddy@x-vista /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin
$ ls ./cygdrive
c  d  e

Shaddy@x-vista /cygdrive/c/software/cygwin
$

IMO, the result of the first ls is the more logical. It at least is
consistent with 1.5 if anything else (not that this is a strong
argument).

Regards,
Shaddy