Re: [1.7] rename/renameat error

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> > POSIX states that rename must fail with EINVAL if either argument ends in
> > '.' or '..' (after trailing slashes are stripped).  Cygwin 1.7 is
> > detecting this situation (which is a step up from 1.5 which did the rename
> > anyways), but sets errno to EBUSY instead of EINVAL.
>
> Thanks for catching.  Feel free to fix the rename function accordingly.

OK, I'll look into it (I don't know how large the patch will be, yet).

> This falls definitely under the trivial patch rule.

Trivial or not, I won't commit it until the copyright papers are final (I've
made enough "trivial" contributions over the years to add up to a non-trivial
sum total).  But the good news: I finally got my employer to sign forms today,
so the only delay now is for the postal service.  Let's see, now, how long
since you first asked me to fill out forms?

--
Eric Blake