Re: 1.7.0-60: diff -qr crashes

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 04:01:06PM +0200, Torsten Sch?tze wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've installed Cygwin Beta 1.7.0 (version -51) around mid of July.
>Currently, version -60 is installed. Now (at least since version -53 or
>so) I repeatedly encounter a bug with diff (diffutils 2.8.7-1). I use
>diff to compare my working directory with the files on an usb stick. The
>exact command line is
>
>diff -qr . /cygdrive/w/user/schuetze/work/2009
>
>Note that the 32 GByte usb stick (cygdrive w) is encrypted with
>truecrypt 6.2a and formatted as FAT32. (Don't know if this matters. But
>the error occurs with other directories as well.)
>
>Depending on the exact place in the file system I'll get a core dump
>immediately or first some errors and then the core dump.
>
>bash-3.2$ pwd
>/cygdrive/e/user/schuetze/work/2009
>bash-3.2$ diff -qr . /cygdrive/w/user/schuetze/work/2009
>      1 [main] diff 2376 sig_send: error sending signal -34 to pid 2376,
>pipe handle 0x750, Win32 error 998
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I guess this is my excuse to roll a new version of Cygwin.  Since Corinna
doesn't include the .dbg file in her releases, I can't decode the stack
traces from the attached .stackdump files.

Or, hmm.  It guess it would be better if I released a snapshot before a
new release.

Could you try to duplicate this with today's snapshot from:

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

I'm generating it now.  Please wait for the September 1 snapshot to
show up before trying anything.

cgf