Re: 1.7: setup fails to complete download; all later attempts fail

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> On 08/30/2009 11:15 PM, Lee D. Rothstein wrote:

>> Setup failed to complete the download on an attempt to update.

>> Yet, the install continued until that failed as well.

> What do you mean by this?  Define "failed".  Clarify how "setup failed...
> yet, the install continued until that failed as well."

Fails different ways. Last time, just before replying it got 92%
done (reinstall) and a GUI box popped up on screen (locking
Cygwin progress window) and said:

Download Incomplete
Try Again?
Yes  No

If I respond Yes, it takes me back to Server selection.

>> Now, the same thing happens every try. Even if I:

> Generally all the things you mentioned here are worthwhile.  Perhaps
> you have a corrupt package listing for a package you're trying to update?
> Can you 'zcat' them all?

I have used different servers and delete all prior downloads
before each trial. How could this happen?