Re: Failure building libsigsegv-2.6 [1.7]

2009/8/25 Angelo Graziosi:
> Eric Blake wrote:
>> Yes, you are probably missing the libsigsegv package (with the development
>> headers) and libsigsegv1 package (with the precompiled library), although
>> I didn't check your attachment. ?And if you MUST rebuild from source, then
>> either build from the source package shipped with cygwin
>
> Sorry, but trying to rebuild the package shipped with Cygwin-1.7 fails in
> the same manner. The '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libsigsegv.README' says:
>
> ------------------
> [...]
> Runtime requirements:
> ?cygwin-1.7 or newer
>
> Build requirements:
> ?cygwin-1.5.20-1 or newer
> ?gcc-3.3.3-1 or newer
> ?binutils-20040725-2 or newer
> [...]
> ------------------
>
> I have all that and rebuilding with 'cygport' fails! In the source shipped
> with Cygwin the only patches regard the README and 'setup hints', i.e. it
> uses 2.6 stock upstream!

My installed /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/libsigsegv.README says:

libsigsegv
Handling page faults in user mode.
This is for a short time a non-official test version.

Runtime requirements:
  cygwin-1.7 or newer

Build requirements:
  cygwin-1.5.20-1 or newer
  gcc-3.3.3-1 or newer
  binutils-20040725-2 or newer

Canonical homepage:
  http://libsigsegv.sourceforge.net/

Canonical download:
  git clone git://repo.or.cz/libsigsegv/ericb.git

> So it seems that now, the build of that package is broken.

I disagree. Read the README one more time.

For the records: the new upstream 2.7 does not contain eric's patches,
the next version will contain it, so we keep this version 2.6+-1 for a
while.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/