Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.1.11-1

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> I can confirm this.  It only happens with urxvt-X for some reason.
> I don't see this for xterm, or xeyes, or xclock.

Me too.

urxvt-X (and urxvtd-X) have their own hide-the-console code, taken from
inetd, as originally written by Corinna.

The core function is hide_console(), below.  (internally it uses
getConsoleHandle(), a local function that uses a number of different
approaches depending on the OS).

void hide_console ()
{
    HWND console = NULL;
    HANDLE hConsole;
    CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO buffInfo;
    SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES  sa;

    sa.nLength = sizeof(sa);
    sa.bInheritHandle = TRUE;
    sa.lpSecurityDescriptor = NULL;
    hConsole = CreateFile( "CONOUT$",
                           GENERIC_WRITE | GENERIC_READ,
                           FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE,
                           &sa,
                           OPEN_EXISTING, 0, 0 );

    if (GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo(hConsole,&buffInfo) &&
        buffInfo.dwCursorPosition.X==0 &&
        buffInfo.dwCursorPosition.Y==0)
    {
        console = getConsoleHandle();
        if (console)
            ShowWindow (console, SW_HIDE);
    }
}

I think the *old* run's mechanism did not interfere with this, but the
new run's mechanism does.

I need another piece of information before deciding how to address this
issue. If someone can test urxvt-X *without* using run, on Windows 7 for
me, and report back, that'd be great.

You need to create a shortcut whose target is

C:\cygwin\bin\urxvt-X.exe -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -ls -e /bin/bash --login

and launch that.  What I expect, is that there will be a quick flash
console window that disappears, and then the urxvt-X window shows up.
And no 100% CPU usage.

Thanks...

--
Chuck