Re: Cron jobs visible

On Aug 10 18:31, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Corinna Vinschen (Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:38:54 +0200)
> > On Aug 10 14:15, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > > * Corinna Vinschen (Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:34:25 +0200)

> > > Thanks for the insight and background information. I'll probably wait
> > > until 1.7 is out of beta and an "official" migration document is
> > > released.
> >
> > What "official" migration document?  There will be a release announcment
> > and that's it.
>
> Something like "how to move from 1.5 to 1.7". Or will it be an automatic
> process done via (and by) Setup.exe? Or will we have to do a "fresh
> install" :-/ ?

There's an update option, but it will not be entirely bump-free.  For a
couple of reasons the installation will only copy system mount points
from the HKLM registry entries to the new /etc/fstab, but not your user
mount points from the HKCU registry entries to /etc/fstab.d/$USER.

And there's no way back after an update.  But as I noted in my zillion
(apparently unread) test announcements, it's no problem to run 1.5 and
1.7 installations in separate directories side-by-side.

Corinna

Red Hat