Re: mintty doesn't run on NT4 due to lack of GetConsoleWindow

Christopher Faylor wrote:

(And to be honest I don't see the point in Cygwin 1.7 still supporting
NT4. Anyone willing to stick with an OS that's been unsupported for
five years should be more than happy to stick with Cygwin 1.5.)

I know it's unsupported but people still use it and, perhaps more unimportantly, it really is a pretty nice OS. The UI isn't bad and it's pretty responsive. So, I guess it's a "would be nice". I also noted yesterday that X doesn't work there due to an illegal instruction. I don't exactly understand why that is yet.

Not to be too OT, but I remember getting demos of NT back in the days of 90 MHz Pentium machines and being very unimpressed.

I run Win2K on a VM under XP on a laptop and it's really fast.

Maybe the hardware has finally caught up to the software :-)

Ralph