Re: [1.7] bash loop and mintty hung issue

Escape in vi mode just takes you into edit mode; [ is the first
character in any of a bunch of "go to the start of some group"
sequences, but 2 isn't a valid continuation of any of those, so it has
no effect and the 24 is entered as a repeat count. ; searches forward
on the line for the last character looked for with the (f)ind command.

And that's the problem - you can reproduce it by just hitting Esc and
then semicolon.  If you've previously entered any (f)ind command, it's
fine, but if you haven't, it locks up; someone missed a degenerate
case in the last readline update.

Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>