Re: install from install files?

Robert Mark Bram wrote:
> Yes, I did mean the package directory, e.g.:
> C:\Documents and Settings\rbram\My
> Documents\Downloads\ftp%3a%2f%2fmirror.aarnet.edu.au%2fpub%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f
>
> One more question: I notice that each time I update Cygwin, I get
> another "ftp...mirror.. " folder. Do I need to point the "local
> installation" at one of these folders or to the parent and have it
> pick up the updates?

  Use the parent, which is what you specified in setup.exe where it asked for
the local package dir path.  Setup.exe stores all the downloaded files in a
directory named after the particular mirror they came from, but it then gives
you an overall view of all of them merged together in the package chooser screen.

    cheers,
      DaveK