Re: mingw headers and libraries missing

Georg Troska wrote:
> Hi,
> this information was very usefull to me. Thank you very much.
>
> My plan is to build a dll with cygwin, that does not depend on cygwin1.dll.
> unfortunatelly my library is build now (that is great) but it still
> depends on cygwin1.dll (I have done objdump -P .. | grep dll)

  You have just discovered why -mno-cygwin is a kludgey hack that we are
removing from future versions of the compiler!

> Is it possible that the w32api-winsock library depends on this as well?

  Nope, it does not have any dependencies, it simply declares import stubs.

> I do not understand where this dependency comes from

  Well, look at the full objdump -P output and find exactly which functions
from the cygwin DLL are being imported, then find out where in your code is
calling any of them; run 'nm' on the .o files and find out which one calls the
function, recompile that one using --save-temps and have a look at the
pre-processed source (.i file) to see where and why the function gets called.
 It could be, for example, that some of the cygwin headers are still getting
pulled into your build and they have some inline function in them.

    cheers,
      DaveK