Re: Emacs w3m `w3m-toggle-inline-images' cause segfault

On 7/21/2009 10:22 PM, Haojun Bao wrote:
Here's how to reproduce it:

1. install w3m-el

2. start Xwin, and then start emacs with:
   emacs.exe -q -l ~/1.el

Cygwin's emacs-*-23.0.92-10 packages don't provide emacs.exe. So you must be using the version you compiled yourself, unless you somehow have an emacs.exe left over from a previous cygwin version of emacs. (I mention this in case someone wants to try to reproduce your problem, in which case your instructions would fail.)

3. Press M-x w3m in emacs to start w3m

4. Press g in *w3m* buffer, type http://www.cnn.com/ (I use this URL
because it contains many images. A site with few images will not
reproduce this).

5. Press T in the *w3m* buffer to toggle inline images, then Emacs will
segfault. And sometimes it may complain "doing vfork resource
temporarily unavailable" instead of segfault.

I think fork failures are sometimes fixed by rebasing and sometimes result from http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA. Have you looked into either of those possibilities? Beyond that, I have no ideas, but maybe the experts can see something useful in your gdb output.

Ken